Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Putting time in the studio

The shoot I had planed for today was canceled kind of at the last minute, on the drive back I thought self, "what are you going to do with the rest of your day?"  Before I left to Los Angeles this morning I answered a Craigslist ad to photograph wine bottles.  What did I have that comes in bottles ... a couple of really nice beers called to be drank, I mean photographed.  A few hours later ...



Nothing too technical, but there were I few things about photographing glass I had forgotten since college.  All the experimenting would have taken boxes of Polaroid's pre-digital.  It is always good to brush up on those technical skills.

On beer.  My father and his wife are wine drinkers; many moons ago I had the good fortune of drinking my fair share of their wine cellar.  Oh college, I miss your care free days.  I still enjoy a nice glass of wine, but what I truly thank my Dad for is introducing me to quality.  Dad is also a Scotch drinker, and he taught his boys to love scotch.  We polished off a bottle of 18 year-old Talisker not long ago, the 10 year-old is fine, the 18 that is a wonderful scotch, and that is why I photographed beer today.  Beer, not domestic macro quasi-lager, but hand crafted ales, and lagers made by people with true passion for great beer that is what I drink, and so should you.  Yeah at your block party I will down a couple Tecate's, but only after I have forced you to try a unique craft brew I brought to share.

1 comment: